Equestrian user fees - single annual
Includes the use of the Equestrian Centre grounds and facilities exclusive of Agistment and does not include camping or caravanning within the Equestrian Centre grounds.
The Kununurra Agricultural Society’s Equestrian Centre includes the facilities located behind the fenced area at the Ivanhoe Road end of the Showground property. Features of the Centre area include a main field (Polocrosse Grounds), round yard, wash bay, parking areas, stables and agistment allotments.
Note the following rules:
- The secondary gate: Equestrian Centre Access Gate – absolutely must be closed behind you at all times when entering or leaving the grounds. The KAS/Magpie’s Ivanhoe Road access gate is also preferably closed behind you.
- Horse agisted areas are not to be entered without the expressed permission of the horse’s owner or a KAS representative.
- Do not feed the horses unless they are yours.
- All animals (horses, dogs etc) are to be led/tethered or otherwise controlled at all times.
- Clean up after yourself and your animals, including manure and rubbish.
- Contribute to maintenance of the grounds and facilities.
- Any equipment used is to be packed away back to where it is stored neatly. Any damage to equipment must be reported to a KAS representative.
- Be respectful to all the other users of the Showgrounds and Equestrian Centre.
- No usage can commence until a ‘Release and Waiver of Liability Form’ is signed.
Release and Waiver of Liability for use of the Equestrian Centre
In consideration for being permitted to use the Kununurra Agricultural Society Equestrian Centre Facilities for horse related activities, I, the undersigned, understand, acknowledge and accept that:
- All equestrian users and agistors must abide by the rules and policies set by KAS. Rules and policies may change without notice with the approval of the committee.
- Horse related activities are a dangerous recreational activity and horses can act in a sudden and unpredictable (changeable) way, especially if frightened or hurt.
- There is a significant risk that serious INJURY or DEATH may result from horse related activities.
- I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, and I voluntarily PARTICIPATE at:
- My OWN RISK and assume sole responsibility for any injury, death or property damage I may suffer that arises from my participation in horse related activities.
- I understand and acknowledge the dangers associated with the consumption of alcohol or any mind-altering substances before and during the activities and I take full responsibility for any injury, loss or damage associated with their consumption. I agree not to drink alcohol or take drugs prohibited by law before or during any horse related activities. And follow non-smoking designations.
- I agree to follow the directions of any event organiser or representative of the Kununurra Agricultural Society and that any misconduct or refusal by me to follow any direction of any organiser or official can result in the CANCELLATION of my participation in the activities and my immediate removal from my horse NO MATTER where that may occur on the grounds. I understand that any such non-compliance may result in injury, death and/or permanent disability as a result of my failure to comply.
- I agree to wear an Australian Standards Approved helmet at all times whilst riding on Kununurra Agricultural Society Grounds and agree that I am solely responsible for ensuring that I wear a suitable attire at all times whilst riding and take sole responsibility for my actions.
- I have had sufficient opportunity to read this assumption of risk agreement, fully understand its terms and sign it freely and voluntarily.
For Users of Minority Age (Under Age 18)
This is to certify that I, as a parent/guardian with legal responsibility for the children listed, acknowledge, understand and accept ALL OF THE ABOVE and consent and agree to my minor child's involvement or participation in horse related activities in the KAS Equestrian Centre and Showgrounds.